We’re all familiar with the year end top 10 lists. Some random tastemaker is sitting in a dark, lonely cubicle spitting out all of the bands, movies, restaurants, books, and assorted other things we should have liked in 2011. I mean, I don’t mind these lists since it gives me something to do in January with my free time (free time? what free time). But what are these lists missing?
That’s right. Not a one of these lists (well, the lists I read anyways) take into account how you, the patron, feel about something. Its great and all that the local paper pays one person to rate restaurants but wouldn’t you rather know how your friends feel about somewhere? And more importantly, how they feel about the people who make a place special? Since I do all my best writing in lists, and I’m a database MASTERMIND, I’ve decided to compile the top thanked places in Atlanta in 2011. So check it out. Thank your favorite waiter, barrista, mom, dad, or chief web monkee (that’s right. I have no shame). And maybe your favorite spot will be on the 2012 Most Thanked in Atlanta list.
- Holeman & Finch Public House — Ask for Sarah and you will not be disappointed.
- Condesa Coffee — Pretty sure the latte Sumi makes for me is the best I’ve ever had.
- Grindhouse Killer Burgers — Holy awesome burgers courtesy of Alex
- Empire State South — What’s not to love about Hugh’s new place? p.s. they have their own koozies. YES!
- Table and Main — I promise, you will not be disappointed to venture OTP to try this place. Grab a drink from Sarah at the bar. She knows her bourbon.
- The Iberian Pig — There’s a reason I’ve been to Fred’s place twice in the last month
- Steady Hand Pour House — Another great coffee house.
- Blake’s on the Park — Hot bartenders? Hell yes. The hottest? According to you, Rusty
- Victory Sandwich — I agree with Holly; the beast on yeast is the jam
- Melrose & McQueen Salon — One word: Kristo. And a non-restaurant makes the list!
There you have it Atlanta. The most thanked of 2011 according to you! Here’s wishing all a Happy New Year and looking forward to happy thanking in 2012!